January 2, 2009

Blueberry Bakeoff


I am currently on a search for the best blueberry muffin recipe - ever. Although I love to cook, and I enjoy baking, I do not have a lot of experience in the muffin arena (OK, so I've never actually made a muffin before that didn't originate from a box). So, when I was tasked with bringing muffins, of all things, to a baby shower for a colleague at work, I wasn't sure where to start.

I have been searching the Internet for longer than I care to admit trying to hunt down the best muffin recipe. When I came across a recipe entitled Lawsuit Buttermilk Muffins, I thought I might not have to look much further. I figured if these muffins were worth fighting over in the legal arena, they must be worthy enough to bring to the shower.


While the recipe did result in a pretty great muffin, I have to say, I am not sure I would pay lawyer's billable rates to fight for them. They were light and fluffy, and the streusel topping is a keeper! The first time I made them, I don't think they were sweet enough. The second time I made them, I used half orange zest and half lemon zest, and they came out much better.
The best part, though, is the streusel topping...which must have been the source of the legal battle. Definitely worth litigating over! I may have to borrow this aspect, and place it on top of the winning muffin.
PS: If you have a recipe for a winning muffin that you want to share, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment