April 10, 2008

Weekend Getaways and Day Trips - My Saviors



Once in a while, I feel the urge to get away. Perhaps I am a natural born traveler (although I somehow doubt that given my fear of planes), but no matter the source, a quick daytrip or weekend getaway is the best medicine when I feel overwhelmed.

Unfortunately, I don't quite have the capital (or the vacation days) to constantly travel. But, my husband and I made a deal that we would try to leave the city at least once every other month (or every month if we could be so lucky), even for a day trip. As we are in the process of looking for a house (and anticipating the house poor days ahead of us), we decided to tour our own state of California.

Below is a growing list of our trips with links to the recaps of each trip (hopefully I will remember to update it):


Weekend Getaways:

Laguna Beach, CA
Los Olivos, CA
Newport Beach, CA
Solvang, CA

Day Trips:

Antelope Valley, CA
Malibu, CA
Montecito, CA
San Diego, CA
Santa Ynez, California
Temecula, CA
Tehachipi, CA
Venice, CA
Santa Monica, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment