November 9, 2008

On the Menu: Weekly Dinner Challenge #1

OK, so here goes nothing, my first weekly dinner menu post:

On The Menu:

Sunday:
  1. Fig Salad


  2. Glazed Salmon



  3. Zucchini in Tomato Sauce
  4. Grilled Corn
Left over tip: Leftover fig salad made for a great lunch on Monday. The side dishes were turned into another dish for Tuesday.

Monday:
  1. Organic Tomato Soup (from Trader Joe's)




  2. Pan Grilled Cheese on Wheat Sourdough Bread (using soy cheese . . . but you couldn't tell the difference)

    Inspiration: I knew I would be working late, so I decided to use a little help from the store. It took me about 7 minutes to make this dinner, and it will be back again (although I might try a different tomato soup next time).

Tuesday:
  1. Fall Salad




  2. Lemon Garlic Chicken

  3. Zucchini and Corn in Tomato Sauce

Leftover Madness: I combined the side dishes I made on Monday to make the zucchini and corn in tomato sauce. The fall salad made for a great lunch on Wednesday!
Wednesday: Plans with friends translated into a night off from cooking.

Thursday:
  1. Santa Fe Salad
  2. Fajitas
Leftover Magic: When I made the fajitas, I made an extra batch with just onions, so I wouldn't have to cook a main course the next night.

Friday:
  1. Challah
  2. Caesar Salad
  3. Onion Chicken
  4. Asian Broccoli
Leftover Magic: Since the chicken was cooked the night before, I didn't have to spend any time on the main course.
Stretching Ingredients: I used the leftover romaine lettuce from the package we bought to make the Santa Fe Salad (for Thursday night) for the Cesar Salad. Since I am trying to minimize my time at the market, I used frozen broccoli. The Asian broccoli allowed me to use some of the ingredients I picked up for the glazed salmon.
Saturday: We went to a friend's house for a dinner party, so, sadly I only cooked a total of 5 nights this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment