While I no longer show my pride in my pedicure, one of my favorite ways to show the red, white and blue spirit is by making this patriotic frozen delight (pictured left). So, in the event you are looking for a fun drink to serve at your 4th of July party, I've decided to share the secret behind my USA spirit:
1. Bottle of Rum
2. Bottle of Malibu Rum
3. Bottle of Blue Curacao
4. Two Bottles of Pina Colada Mix
5. Bottle of Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1. Prepare a blender full of Pina Coladas following the instructions on the Pina Colada bottle, but use Malibu Rum instead of regular rum.
2. Prepare a second blender full of Pina Coladas, and add about 3 shots of Blue Curacao, until desired shade of blue is achieved
3. Prepare a third blender full of Strawberry Daiquiris following the instructions on the Daiquiri bottle.
You can either serve each drink in a separate pitcher and let your guests pick their favorite flavor or make their own blend, or you can pre-layer each glass as follows:
1. Pour the blue mix into a cup (fill a bit less than 1/3 of the glass with the blue mixture)
2. Pour the white mix into the cup (again less than 1/3 of the glass should be filled with the white mixture), to keep the white layer above the blue layer, pour the mixture over the back of a spoon.
3. Repeat step 2 for the red mix.
To ensure better layers (and not the messy one's pictured), you also may want to consider using more ice for the blue, and then lessening the ice in the mixture for the white and the red. (Sadly I don't have pictures from when I perfected the method).